As an Underwriter at QuadScore and a valuable member of the team, you will be responsible for helping provide risk management solutions to leading cannabis operators around the United States.
You will have the opportunity to work with experienced underwriters who have pioneered leading property and casualty solutions for America’s burgeoning cannabis industry.
To excel in this job, you must be comfortable working with a moderate level of ambiguity while finding solutions to new problems. Risk Management and Insurance majors preferred, but all degrees are welcome. Insurance experience also preferred but not required for this position.
- Review applications and perform initial underwriting for cannabis accounts
- Identifying and gathering relevant account information for new business and renewal policy activity
- Issue endorsements, policy changes, and account renewals
- Assess clients’ current insurance placements for strengths and deficiencies
- Work directly with specialized insurance brokers to develop business relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree (Risk Management and Insurance degree preferred)
- Property & Casualty license required after 6 months of employment
- 2+ years experience as an underwriter
- Willingness to learn quickly in a constantly-evolving environment
- Strong math and analytical skills with an emphasis on problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite products
This position is located in Atlanta, Georgia.